IT Director's Message
Hello and welcome to Oldenburg Academy. Our goal is to help provide tools and resources for the 21st century learner. Excellence in education requires that technology is seamlessly integrated throughout the educational program. Increasing access to technology is essential for that future.
I spent many hours in research when OA began the implementation of the iPad project and came across the following goals in “Prepping for iPads in School,”
written by Bridget McCrea. I feel that these are exactly the goals that we here at Oldenburg Academy have and I could not have stated them any better.
- Adaptability: preparing students to meet current and future challenges by giving them a foundation in technology skills
- Creativity: encouraging students to tackle problems in new ways
- Collaboration: teaching students to use technology to engage and interact in a world that is increasingly close
- Ethics: using technology to explore and advance the school’s religious values
- Innovation: encouraging students to engage situations with innovative solutions
- Productivity: teaching students strategies to increase their efficiency through technology
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you many have.
Mrs. Paige Chase
812.934.4440 ext. 232