Mission & School Profile
Oldenburg Academy of the Immaculate Conception is a Franciscan Catholic co-educational college preparatory high school committed to academic excellence, social responsibility, leadership and personal and spiritual growth for our students who will excel in our ever-changing world.
Our Mission of Catholic Education - Reflections from President Laake
- Incorporate Franciscan values of prayer, Gospel living and service to support the growth of each student’s mind, body, and spirit.
- Provide a well-qualified faculty that continuously improves curricula and methodologies.
- Offer a wide range of co-curricular activities that complement strong religious and academic programs.
- Ensure that a quality Catholic education is affordable.
- Create and sustain an environment where students from all backgrounds are welcomed and respected.
- Commit to long-term financial viability.
- Oldenburg Academy of the Immaculate Conception will be the outstanding co-educational Catholic college preparatory high school in southeastern Indiana, where students of diverse backgrounds are embraced and celebrated.
- We will build and support an active campus ministry program, continue to develop a challenging academic curriculum, sustain our premier fine arts program, and offer a wide selection of athletic and other co-curricular activities. Technology will be incorporated throughout the curriculum and campus.
- We will provide a positive working environment that employs a well-qualified and highly committed faculty and staff.
- We will maintain a strong partnership with our sponsors, the Sisters of St. Francis, as well as community members and alumni. We will promote good stewardship of our resources to ensure the financial stability of the Academy.
2020-2021 School Profile